Entries Tagged as 'Missions'
A picture of graduates who were able to be back at Cambodia Biblical Institute for a couple of days are posted on Rich and Ronda's website at randrdolan.blogspot.com.
September 4, 2013
We just started a new term here (August 12th) and that's brought lots of changes. We had 7 new students start studying. You can see them (and the two who started in April and May) at our blog - http://randrdolan.blogspot.com/
One has already dropped out and gone home, but we've added 2 more in his place. Please pray for them as they grow, begin to hear about God (for some) and try to acclimate to the rigors of study.
Please also remember in your prayers our recent graduates (4 in Dec 2012, 4 in late March 2013, 1 in June 2013) and upcoming grads (3 this month) as they start works or new phases in life. Phally, who graduates this month, wrote this to me, "Teacher, thank you for letting me come to CBI and teaching me about the true God."
Thanks for all you do to for the Kingdom here.
P.S. Borei, July 2012 grad, who has planted a church in his hometown, sent this message last week, "Yesterday we had 10 people in worship. We worship every week. Teacher, my Dad has hated me and my mother (we're Christians). Please pray for us. Thanks and God be with you."
Dennis, Veasna and I just finished 2 nights of one on one meetings with our students. We've added 7 new students this fall. Have 4 set to graduate soon. With that in mind, here are some of our prayer requests: Prayer Requests/Concerns:
1. All the graduates and their various works; including the 4 set to graduate this fall.
2. The 7 new students, several who are not Christians as they start to study.
3. That God's will be accomplished during the new school year.
4. Our two youngest children, Reuben and Rebekah, who married this summer.
5. License for 15 passenger vans. Still no word on our appeal.
Quick update on weekend happenings.
1. Last week, there was a church camp for kids (kids are out of school right now) at TNT, where the church has an orphanage (run by Sophea, 2009 CBI grad.) Khim and Penh (2 CBI grads and traveling evangelists who work in the area), helped with the camp. They reported 14 baptisms on Thursday. This is a result of the work at the orphanage, work by Khim and Penh and the church camp all coming together to produce Christians.
2. Sokun (2011 CBI Grad) and Soklee (2010 CBI grad) have planted a church in the Battambong area. Many of the people who come are former denominationals folks brought in by their influence and the influence of Sokun's father. You may recall they had multiple baptisms when they started this work in Feb. They also were meeting in the pig sty during the rain!!! Sokun told me they had 13 more baptims yesterday (Sunday).
3. In addition, our students continue to travel to various congregations and new places to teach each Sunday. Yesterday, we had 6 groups go out, two by two on motorcylces. The pair headed to Svay Reang, which is 3 hours away by moto, had to come back because the roads were impassble due to rain. There is no church there, but they had hoped to continue teaching people who are interested.
Please keep these new Christians and these efforts in your prayers to our Father.
For more information on students and graduates, please visit Rich and Ronda's blog at http://randrdolan.blogspot.com/
INDIA - Click on India to see notes from Brother V.