Disciple Making 101
Sundays at 4:00pm in the Fellowship Hall.
01 Defining Discipleship, Making an Oikos Map (Sep 3, 2017)
In our first meeting Scott Harris introduced John chapters 13-17, as a model from which to create a picture of discipleship as Jesus described it in his last hours before the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Homework part 1 - Read John 13-17. Make a list of the following three things as we find them in the reading:
- Promises that Jesus makes
- Commands that Jesus gives
- Characteristics of a disciple
- Homework part 2 - Make our own Oikos Map.
- List every person, by name, that we know (in our circle of influence) is either lost, or we're not sure if they're lost or not.
- Then list every person in their family that we know about.
- Pray that they would be saved, and that their family would be saved through them, and that the Holy Spirit will show us an opportunity to share the gospel with them.
Due to technical difficulties the audio recording below begins about 30 minutes into the meeting, but captures the majority of the practical content.
02 Discovery Bible Study (Sep 6, 2017)
In our second meeting Scott Harris showed us the basics of conducting a Discovery Bible Study. The point of which is not to teach others from our own understanding and insight, but rather to read specific scriptures and ask specific questions allowing the Holy Spirit to work through the living word in the reader's heart.