Women’s programs at the Broken Arrow church are designed to encourage all women to serve the Lord and to help provide ways for them to voice their ideas, dreams and needs. Love, support, encouragement and involvement allows each individual a vital place to work for God as we stress evangelism and friendship.
- Care groups are organized to provide food for the ill, for funeral meals, and for those with new babies.
- Each spring there is a Ladies’ Event for all ages. It is an inspirational and fun event filled with good food and much fellowship.
- WiNGS (Women in God’s Service) is a ministry serving the women of the Broken Arrow Church of Christ. Some goals of WiNGS include developing a deeper relationship with the Lord, creating a sense of belonging for women and involving others in teaching and service. All ladies are invited and encouraged to participate.
Ladies' Bible Class
September - May
Tuesdays at 10:00 am
Each Tuesday morning from September through May, Ladies’ Bible Class meets at 10:00 am in room 103 N to study from God’s word. God has blessed the Broken Arrow congregation with several women who have the talent and desire to teach the class during the year. All of the lessons are audio recorded and made available upon request. Activities include Bible study, singing, praying, luncheons, service projects, quilting and work days. Free child care is available during the class time and women are encouraged to bring their neighbors and friends. Also, a special welcoming gift is prepared and given to new members of the congregation.
Some of the service projects that happen throughout the year are:
- Making lap quilts for cancer patients
- Purchasing pigs for young men who live at the West View Boys Home
- Rolling bandages and collecting pill bottles for an African hospital
- Other projects as opportunities present themselves
All ladies are welcome to attend these classes as we use them to help us grow in wisdom and knowledge through our bible studies and fellowship together, showing God's love to others as it is manifested through our activities and projects.
For more information, contact Linda Wells