We invite you to join us on our journey of faith as we seek to glorify God, follow the teaching and example of Jesus, and live in step with the Spirit through worship and praise, the study of Scripture, fellowship, daily discipleship, and service to Broken Arrow and our surrounding community.
Here you'll find an engaged and compassionate body of believers, a spiritual anchor for our community, and a place for disciples of Jesus to worship, serve, and grow.
worship with us
Our Identity & Faith
Our Identity & Faith
The Broken Arrow Church of Christ is a family. We have been born again through our salvation in Jesus Christ and adopted through Him into the household of God. We are a diverse group of believers from many places and numerous backgrounds, young and old, men and women, boys and girls. Some of us are married, some are single, some are widowed, and some are divorced. Some of us have children; some of us do not. Yet, in spite of our many differences, we are one family in Jesus Christ.
Our diverse spiritual family is bound together in unity and love through our faith in Jesus Christ as our one and only Savior, Redeemer, High Priest, and Friend. We believe that each of us has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, resulting in spiritual death and separation from our Creator. We believe that we lack within ourselves the strength, ability, or any gift or sacrifice powerful enough to take away the guilt of our sin or to restore us to a right relationship with God. We believe that God loved us so much and desired our salvation so greatly that He acted in grace and mercy in sending His Son Jesus to lay down His life and shed His innocent blood as a sacrifice for our sins, bearing our guilt and suffering the penalty for our sins by His death on the cross. We believe that we are saved from sin by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ, a living faith that is evidenced and actualized by our repentance, verbalized by our confession of Jesus as Lord, and dramatized by our baptism in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins. We believe that, as baptized believers in Christ, we are sanctuaries of the indwelling Holy Spirit and have been added by God to His family, the church of His Son Jesus Christ.
We will share the message of Jesus through the witness of our words, our examples, and our acts of compassionate service in our community and around the world. Since Jesus came to seek and save the lost, we are compelled to carry on His mission in our local community and around the world. While Jesus ultimately came to save our souls, He also provided a compassionate example of ministry to humanity’s physical needs, an example we seek to follow. Through Jesus’ teaching and that of His apostles, we are called to minister to the sick, the hungry, the grieving, the poor, widows, orphans, and others who have been marginalized or neglected in our world. We desire to walk in His steps, share His love, shine His divine light, and communicate His Gospel of salvation with the world.
While our entire lives are to be offered as daily, living sacrifices to God, we assemble as a community of faith each Sunday to offer our collective praise, adoration, and thanksgiving. Every first day of the week, we share in the Lord’s Supper, a simple memorial meal in which the bread and the cup remind us of the Savior’s sacrificial body and blood that were offered for our salvation. Through prayer to the Father in the name of Jesus and through the intercession of the Holy Spirit, we offer our thanksgiving and adoration, confess our sins, and express our petitions and the desires of our hearts. We read Scripture together and spend time listening to the Word of God being proclaimed, explained, and applied to our daily walk of faith. We offer monetary gifts and sacrifices which are used to fulfill the mission and ministry of Christ’s church. We express our hearts and lift our voices in traditional hymns and contemporary songs of praise to the Lord. As was the practice of the earliest Christians, our singing is a cappella. It is our desire and prayer that our spiritual sacrifices glorify and honor our God and Savior, just as they encourage our hearts, strengthen our faith, and inspire us to greater devotion and service.
The first record of any members of the Church of Christ in Broken Arrow is from a religious census of 1909, which listed two people. Their names are unknown. In 1922, a few families began meeting in homes. Sometime that year, a gospel meeting with Brother Joe Warlick, was conducted in a tent on Main Street. Several conversions resulted in this effort. The group rented a place in the Old City Hall for worship. Chairs had to be arranged, communion supplies brought by members, and each family brought their own songbook. The rented room was above the city jail.
Sometime later, the congregation, consisting mostly of tenant farmers, nearly disbanded, but a young family moved in and encouraged the group to press on. A gospel meeting in 1924 resulted in many baptisms and a new place to worship was needed. Late in 1927, a building at Ash and Broadway was purchased. Three elders signed the Articles of Incorporation on December 24, 1927. Baptisms were conducted in nearby ponds until a baptistry was constructed in 1932.
By 1948, the church had outgrown that building and was torn down. A white frame with seating for 250 people, and a basement, was built in its place and was ready for use in 1949. The members were all willing to take part in the demolition of the old building and the construction of the new.
Land on North Main in Broken Arrow was purchased, but soon, it was apparent there was not enough room available for a growing church. In 1961, land was purchased at our present location. Construction for a new facility began in September, 1962. An Open House was held in April, 1963 for a new building that would seat 587 people and contained 34 classrooms and offices.
Eight years later, a plan for expansion was developed and a second Open House was held in 1974 for a new auditorium with a seating capacity for some 1,200 people. Included in the expansion, was the north educational wing as well as the office area. The building utilized today is the result of a major building project completed in 1982. The church owns approximately 10 acres from 71st Street (Kenosha) south on 4th Street with additional space across 4th Street for parking and a newly developed parking lot on the southeast portion of our property.
The church today, as in the past, struggles with two needs: to provide adequate facilities for a growing congregation and to evangelize the lost here and those throughout the world. We are happy to say that both of these needs are being addressed today! We have always placed special emphasis on missions, locally, stateside, and abroad. A major emphasis is our Mission Forum, which began in 1975. Our goal remains constant: to use what God has given us to His glory, so this community and the world will know the love of Christ. We minister in love and daily seek to offer service to those in need in the name of Christ.